"Autobiographies of great nations are written in three manuscripts – a book of deeds, a book of words, and a book of art. Of the three, I would choose the latter as truest testimony." - Sir Kenneth Smith, Great Civilisations

"I must write each day without fail, not so much for the success of the work, as in order not to get out of my routine." - Leo Tolstoy

I have never believed that one should wait until one is inspired because I think the pleasures of not writing are so great that if you ever start indulging them you will never write again. - John Updike

"The life of every man is a diary in which he means to write one story, and writes another; and his humblest hour is when he compares the volume as it is with what he vowed to make it." - J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Poetry is the shadow cast by our streetlight imaginations." - Lawrence Ferlinghetti


[Note - If any article requires updating or correction please notate this in the comment section. Thank you. - res]


Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Cyndi McCoy - Cyndi's Poem




Cyndi’s Poem

by Cyndi McCoy & R.E. Slater


I don't know if this means
that God didn't hear our prayers for healing,

I don't know if
our prayers were from pure hearts,

I don't know if this means
contrary to evidence we'll keep believing,

I don't know if
science has discovered what miracles are,

I don't know why
our hearts determine to keep seeking,

I don't know if
God or man dealt us these cards,

I don't know if
the answers will be revealing,

I don’t know if
we will only ever understand it in its parts,

but I do know
I'm unsatisfied with this feeling,

perhaps darkness is revealing
the truth we thought we knew all along,

that hidden deep down is seething
a brokenness I cannot explain nor could,

a brokenness deeply felt and yearning
passed to all with a beating heart churning,

hearts broken every one
awaiting light but receiving none,

awaiting healing while still believing
awaiting miracles to bind the bleeding,

binding me to the God I love
binding me to ikonic fellowship,

sharing brokenness with the healing
breathing I in God and God in us.


- Cyndi McCoy
italicized lines by R.E. Slater
June 14, 2016
*A Pyro-Theology project

@copyright R.E. Slater Publications
all rights reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment