"Autobiographies of great nations are written in three manuscripts – a book of deeds, a book of words, and a book of art. Of the three, I would choose the latter as truest testimony." - Sir Kenneth Smith, Great Civilisations

"I must write each day without fail, not so much for the success of the work, as in order not to get out of my routine." - Leo Tolstoy

I have never believed that one should wait until one is inspired because I think the pleasures of not writing are so great that if you ever start indulging them you will never write again. - John Updike

"The life of every man is a diary in which he means to write one story, and writes another; and his humblest hour is when he compares the volume as it is with what he vowed to make it." - J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Poetry is the shadow cast by our streetlight imaginations." - Lawrence Ferlinghetti


[Note - If any article requires updating or correction please notate this in the comment section. Thank you. - res]


Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Wendell Berry - Short Poems





What a Poem Looks Like | Wendell Berry's "Sycamore"
"That We Might Become Native to the Places We Live." - Luke Turpin
Apr 25, 2020





“Whether we and our politicians know it or not,
Nature is party to all our deals and decisions,
and she has more votes, a longer memory,
and a sterner sense of justice than we do.”

- Wendell Berry




Stay Home by Wendell Berry - Poetry Read Aloud
Mar 25, 2020




"A Vision" by Wendell Berry
Jan 14, 2021





“Telling a story is like reaching into a granary
full of wheat and drawing out a handful.
There is always more to tell than can be told.”

- Wendell Berry, Jayber Crow



Theoretical Fragments (6/11):Wendell Berry and the question of place
Aug 22, 2020




How To Be A Poet (To Remind Myself) by Wendell Berry
Sep 30, 2016





“I go among trees and sit still. All my stirring becomes quiet around me like circles on water. My task lie in their places where I left them, asleep like cattle.” - Wendell Berry
 


“The Peace of Wild Things” by Wendell Berry,
A Poetry Film by Charlotte Ager & Katy Wang
Oct 26, 2020




The Seer: A Portrait of Wendell Berry - Movie Clip
May 25, 2016


The Seer: A Portrait of Wendell Berry is a cinematic portrait of the changing landscapes and shifting values of rural America in the era of industrial agriculture, as seen through the mind’s eye of one of the most influential writers of the past half-century.



Wendell Berry's Thoughts in the Presence of Fear
Sep 11, 2017





“The Peace of Wild Things

When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.”

- Wendell Berry




Wendell Berry on His Hopes for Humanity
No Compromise: A Defense For the Earth
Nov 4, 2013





Suggested Books to Read for Beginners











No comments:

Post a Comment